Data Protection Declaration
§1 Information on the collection of personal data
- In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses and user behaviour.
- INTERCOPE International Communication Products Engineering GmbH, Himmelstrasse 12-16, 22299 Hamburg (also see our Imprint) is responsible according to Art. 4 para. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can contact our data protection officer at data.privacy(at)intercope.com or at our postal address with the addition “the data protection officer”.
- Contact form: If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. A name and a valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the request and so that we can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. The data will be processed for the purpose of contacting us in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 (1) (a) GDPR. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted automatically after your request has been processed.
- Application form: We process the data that you have sent us in connection with your application in order to check your suitability for the position (or any other open positions in our company) and to carry out the application procedure. Should the data be necessary for legal prosecution after completion of the application procedure, data may be processed on the basis of the requirements of Art. 6 GDPR, in particular to safeguard legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR. We are then interested in asserting or defending claims. Candidate data will be deleted after 6 months in the event of rejection. In the event that you have agreed to further storage of your personal data, we will add your data to our applicant pool. There your data will be deleted after two years. If you have been awarded a job during the application process, the data will be transferred from the applicant data system to our human resources information system.
- If we make use of contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
§2 Your rights
- You have the following rights towards us with regard to personal data concerning you:
- the right to access, rectify or erase data
- the right to limit the processing of data,
- the right to object to the processing of data,
- the right of data transferability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data. You can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
§3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
a. When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or provide us otherwise with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 (1) (f) GDPR):
o Date and time of the request
o Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
o Content of the request (specific page)
o Access status/HTTP status code
o Amount of data transferred in each case
o Website from which the request comes from
o Operating system and its interface
o Language and version of the browser software.
This data is kept for only one day and then deleted automatically.
Our website uses Borlabs Cookie from the provider Borlabs – Benjamin A. Bornschein, Georg-Wilhelm-Str. 17, 21107 Hamburg, Germany. Borlabs Cookie is a DSGVO & ePrivacy solution for WordPress:
Borlabs Cookie is a plugin for WordPress that lets visitors choose which cookies they would like to allow. With the introduction of GDPR and the ePrivacy Regulation, cookies may no longer be set without the consent of the visitor. When visiting our website, you get a data privay notification and the possibility to save your preferences by a simple selection.
The Borlabs cookie is an essential cookie that serves to protect your privacy, enables basic functionalities and is necessary for the proper functioning of the website. This constitutes a legitimate interest in the sense of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. In addition, these cookies are required to comply with our legal obligations under Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c GDPR. In this case, the right to object does not apply.
c. Matomo Analytics
Matomo is an open source web analytics platform. The web analytics platform is used by Intercope GmbH, the website owner, in order to measure, collect, analyse and report visitors’ data for purposes of understanding and optimizing our website.
The processing of personal data with Matomo is based on explicit consent. Your privacy is our highest concern. That’s why we will not process any personal data with Matomo unless you give us clear explicit consent.
Purpose of the processing
Matomo is used to analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls; not found pages, search engine indexing issues, which contents are the most appreciated… Once the data is processed (number of visitors reaching a not found pages, viewing only one page…), Matomo is generating reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content… etc.
Matomo is processing the following personal data:
- Anonymised IP address
- User ID
- Custom Dimensions
- Location of the user
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Form interactions
- Media interactions
Recipient of the personal Data
Personal data will not be passed on to clients or third parties.
Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
We are keeping the personal data captured within Matomo for a period of 18 months.
The existence of each of the data subject’s rights
- Right of access: you can ask us at any time to access your personal data.
- Right to erasure: you can ask us at any time to delete all the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to portability: you can ask us at any time for a copy of all the personal data we are processing about you in Matomo.
- Right to withdraw consent: you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the following button.
d. Embedded external Media
We use the YouTube provider for the embedding of videos, which is operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA, (YouTube). YouTube is a platform that enables the playback of audio and video files.
§ 4 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us. You can inform us about your objection or revocation under the following contact: INTERCOPE International Communication Products Engineering GmbH, Himmelstrasse 12-16, 22299 Hamburg, data.privacy(at)intercope.com, also see our Imprint.
§ 5 Data security
• We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
• We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
§ 6 Actuality
Actuality and amendment of this data protection declaration.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status as of October 2022. Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at https://www.intercope.com